Cam InformationAll Accurate locks use standard mortise cylinders with either a clover leaf cam (supplied by Accurate) or a standard straight cam (supplied by others). View our Cam chart to determine which cam to use (based on the lock series).
Accurate strongly discourages disassembling of any of its products for maintenance related issues. Please call Accurate with any questions or concerns about lock and hardware functionality. When a malfunction is suspected:
- Open door—Perform all operations (by operating the trim / cylinder). If lock functions properly, then there probably is an issue with frame preparation
- If lock does not function while door is open, remove lock from door—perform all operations of lock with loose lock and trim
- If lock has a cylinder operation, check cam compatibility—refer to "Cam information (shown above) for Accurate Locks"
- If cam is correct and lock still does not function properly, call a technical representative from Accurate
Finish maintenance is a direct function of the type of material, the metal preparation, and the protective agent characteristic of specific finishes.
Please contact Accurate to verify existing finishes and determine appropriate maintenance.
General Finish Maintenance Guidelines
- Finishes with lacquer protective coating: We suggest to use only a non-abrasive moist cloth to wipe the metal. The use of chemical agents is strongly discouraged.
- Finishes without lacquer or any protective coating may be maintained with commercially available products furnished for use with these metals (e.g. Brasso)
- Finishes that include oil protection can be maintained by wiping with a non-abrasive moist cloth and then applying additional oil in modest amounts with an oil soaked non abrasive cloth
- Finishes with wax protection can be cleaned with “bowling alley wax” applied in a modest amount by using a non-abrasive cloth